Just been served with “legal papers?” Do you want a lawyer to explain what the papers mean?
Need a lawyer to review a business contract for you?
Do you want to make sure your Last Will and Testament is still valid?
Irvine Law Firm offers a convenient, affordable way to get the answers you need. Our Online Document Review makes it easy to obtain an attorney’s explanation and advice about your legal document.
Prices vary based on the type of document and your questions. Prices are based on the amount of time necessary to review the document and answer your questions. There is no need to pay for more lawyer time than your questions require. Email us for a fixed fee quote tailored to your document and your needs.
Examples of How You Can Use the Online Legal Document Review Service:
- You have been served with papers (Complaint, Answer, Counterclaim, Motion, Judgment or Notice) and you need specific provisions explained.
- Your spouse gives you a Separation Agreement or Property Settlement Agreement prepared by his or her Attorney. You need to ask questions in order to understand what you are signing.
- Your fiancée gives you a Pre-Nuptial or Pre-Marital Agreement. You need to understand its terms before you waive any important rights.
- Your Will, Power of Attorney, Health Care Power of Attorney or Living Will was created in another state. You want to make sure they are legally enforceable in North Carolina.
- You are preparing a Last Will and Testament or Separation Agreement through our Attorney Prepared Document Service and want to be able to ask questions as you complete the Questionnaire.
How It Works:
1. Email Inquiry: Email us a summary of the document that you want us to review including the type of document, date of execution and your questions.
2. Quote: We will email you a fixed fee quote and describe the services we can offer.
3. Payment: If the quote is acceptable, we will provide you with a link to pay by credit card and instructions for uploading your document for our review. In some cases, we may ask to see the document or need additional details in order to provide a quote.
4. Document Review: We will review your document within 72 hours of receipt of payment.
5. Answer Questions: You choose whether to communicate with us via email, telephone or video-conference.
NOTE: The legal advice provided in conjunction with the Legal Document Review is limited to the review of one legal document and email or phone communication to answer your specific questions raised in the fee quote. Additional advice is available for an additional fee.
What types of Documents are Included?
- Last Will and Testament, Power of Attorney, Health Care Power of Attorney and Living Will prepared pursuant to North Carolina law or prepared pursuant to another State if your question is whether the documents are valid under North Carolina law.
- Separation Agreement, Pre-Marital Agreement, Reconciliation agreement.
- Motions or pleadings filed in a divorce, child custody, child support, alimony or property division case.
- Complaint to enforce a Separation Agreement.
- Promissory Note, Deed of Trust, Bill of Sale.
- Notice of Foreclosure or Notice of Sale.
- Divorce complaint.
- Complaint for collection of a debt.
- Other pleadings including Answers, Counterclaims and Judgments.
- Release of Claims.
- Notice of Right to Claim Exemptions.
- Settlement Agreement.
- Any documents offered for sale on our website.