A Free Trader Agreement allows a married person to engage in certain legal transactions without the involvement of their spouse. The Agreement allows them to buy and sell real estate without the other spouse having to sign any papers relative to the transaction.
What are the requirements of a Free Trader Agreement?
- It needs to be signed by both spouses.
- Both signatures must be acknowledged before a Notary Public.
- It should be recorded with the Register of Deeds (also note that Registers of Deeds in North Carolina require a 3 inch top margin).
- The recording cost is currently $26.
- Contact Irvine Law Firm if you would like us to prepare your Free Trader Agreement.
If we can help you with your other legal needs, please check out our Online Legal Services or Email us with the following information: Your full name and mailing address, your spouse’s full name and mailing address, and the North Carolina County where the Agreement is to be recorded.