Do I really need to visit a lawyer’s office to get a simple legal document?
Why do so many lawyers charge by the hour?
I just want a simple document for a fixed fee.
These are valid questions. You do not have to take off work and schedule a consultation in a law office or pay for a consultation when all you need is document preparation.
You have options.
Our DIY Online legal documents give you an affordable and convenient way to get the document you need. You know the cost up-front and you have the peace of mind knowing that a North Carolina lawyer has prepared your legal documents.
Our DIY Legal Documents may not be suitable for every circumstance. This service is designed for people who know what they need and generally understand the legal consequences of the particular document.
Not sure which document is right for you? Email us with a brief summary of what you are trying to accomplish. We will let you know which document(s) we recommend to accomplish your goals.
How It Works:
- Email us a summary of what you are trying to accomplish or let us know what document you wish to purchase.
- We will send you a link to pay for the document and a questionnaire to complete to give us the information that we need.
- We can get the information from you by phone if you prefer.
- We prepare your document and email it to you or upload it to our secure client portal.
- We include instructions for filling in any blanks, signing and, where applicable, recording your document.
- If you have additional questions or need some follow up advice, please email us to purchase Advice by Phone or Advice by Email.
The legal advice provided as part of the fixed fee for the DIY Legal Documents is limited to questions that need to be addressed in order to properly prepare your documents. Advice regarding the substance of the documents or legal decisions you need to make before preparing the document is sold separately. Please purchase Advice by Phone or Advice by Email to ask your specific legal questions.
If you would like on-going access to advice while you represent yourself, consider our Court Coaching option.